Scalloway Primary School
October 2013 - December 2014
Scalloway Primary School - Conversion from Secondary School
Callidus Design was appointed as part of a multi discipline design team for the refurbishment of the Scalloway Primary School. This was the first phase of a two phase project which involved the relocation of the existing Primary School into the vacant space left by the former Junior High School. The second phase was to construct a new Health Centre within the original Primary School building.
This phase of the project consisted of the refurbishment of a number of classrooms, including the conversion of existing science rooms to new primary school classrooms to create a warm and inviting atmosphere. The toilets and cloakrooms were also refurbished and suitably modified to suit smaller pupils. A new nursery room and indoor play area were also created.
Callidus Design was responsible for the design of the following services provided to the Health Centre:
- Extract ventilation systems for new toilet areas
- Domestic Water Services and above ground drainage modifications to suit the refurbished layouts
- LTHW System modifications to suit the refurbished layouts
- Small Power modifications
- New Lighting installation
- Data modifications
- Fire Alarm modifications
- Security & Door Access Control installation